The Stanley Lodge No.37 Lodge History


Lodge Stanley was consecrated on 9th August 1882 under The Grand Lodge of Scotland and numbered 680 on its roll of warrants. In 1920 it was Lodge Stanley No 24 under The Queensland Grand Lodge. In 1921 The United Grand Lodge of Queensland was established and the lodge was named ‘The Stanley Lodge no. 37’ - The name Stanley comes from the 14th Earl of Derby being the Under Secretary for the Colonies between 1827 to 1830.


The Lodge was started in Oddfellows Hall, Vulture Street in 1882 and then moved on the 16th July 1884 to Masonic Hall north Brisbane. After 10 years the lodge moved again to a centralised location of Alice Street Temple on 25th July 1894. With the formation of the UGLQ the renaming and renumbering of the two ‘Stanley’ Lodges had to be resolved. Our sister lodge ‘Stanley’ No 14 QC became ‘James Stodart’ Lodge No 38 UGLQ.


Currently, Stanley Lodge members meet at the Stones Corner Masonic Centre in Brisbane Queensland Australia. The lodge currently has just over 50 members and meets on the 1st Thursday of each month from February till December. Meetings start at 7.15pm and finish around 10.30 pm after the festive board.


Today in 2014 the Brethren of Stanley Lodge enjoy their Freemasonry very much and support many charities and local initiatives such as:

 

 

• Supporting local school projects
• Walks to raise money for Cancer
• Maintenance care of Masonic Homes
• Anzac Day Ceremonies
  1. Our Next major fund raising activity will be a Sausage Sizzle at Bunnings Cannon Hill, Sunday March 30 - all welcome!!!

 


And many other worth while charitable causes.

If you would like to know more about joining or visiting the Stanley Lodge, Contact Us.

 
Joomla Web Development by Goforwebsites.com.au